I really enjoy sharing recipes with my friends. This time I’ve made Gopala’s and Angel’s Hummus recipe, my friends are a family of 6, all Vegan, so Hummus is a very important part of their diet! Additional to it’s nutritional value (filled with protein and essential fats) it’s delicious and kids love it.
Follow this recipe and share!
What you need,
- 385 gm of chickpeas, soaked over night with a teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup of Hulled Tahini (it has to be a really good one)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head of garlic roasted until soft in 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 brown onion, skin on cut into quarters
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil & Paprika to taste
What you do,
1. After soaking, rub chickpeas together to remove as many of the
husks as you can, drain and cover generously with fresh water ,
add your onion, cook until soft. Drain and reserve water. Keep
aside a few chickpeas to decorate your Hummus
2. In a large bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, peeled roasted garlic,
skinned onion and olive oil and about 1/2 cup of reserved water
to the chickpeas, blend, blend, blend.
3. Continue to add water until you have your desired consistency.
4. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil and enjoy with your freshly baked pita or carrot sticks!