Sugar-free Carrot & Banana Oat Chew-Cookies
Another yummylicious and super healthy collaboration by Juliana Zarate from Mucho @getmucho
Makes 2 Dozens.
Experiment based on 101Cookbooks. Soft like banana bread inside, light sweet, wholesome snack.
– 1 Cup grated carrots (About 2 large Carrots)
– 2 Smashed well ripen bananas
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 Cup Organic unblanched flour (I did a 2/3 flour + 1/3 finely ground almonds)
– 1 1/3 Cup rolled oats
– 2/3 cup organic 100% honey ( I used orange blossom + clover honey mix)
– 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with seeds
– 1 tablespoon organic butter
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
– 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (You can mix pecans)
1) Preheat oven to 190C degrees and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
2) In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats.
3) Add the nuts, banana, and carrots.
In a separate smaller bowl combine the honey, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and ginger.
Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until they are golden on top and bottom.
Leave to cool and eat.