Butter Bean & Quinoa Vegan Burger
400g – 1 Can of Biona Organic Butter Beans (No added sugar or salt)
1 Garlic Clove
1 Red Onion
2 Chillies (Optional)
Salt & Pepper
1 table spoon Biona Organic Coconut Oil
1. Chop Garlic, Onions & (optional) Chillies
2. On a sauce pan add a table spoon of oil and fry garlic and onions for 3 minutes, then (optional) add chillies for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the can of butter beans to the sauce pan and let them cook for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat.
4. Cook the quinoa on a separate pot: In the mean time cook quinoa just like you cook Rice, two measurements of water for one of quinoa. Wash quinoa in at least 3 changes of water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off water, until water runs clear. Drain in a large sieve. Add quinoa to a separate pot of boiling salted water and cook 10 minutes, bottom layer of water vaporises. Move quinoa with a fork and then bring the stove to a low heat and cover it with a lid.
5. When ready add it to the sauce pan and mix them all on a low heat for 1 minute.
6. Pre-heat the oven 200 C
7. On a dry bowl blend all the ingredients. There should be a “meat” texture so don’t blend for too long.
8. When the mixture is ready make balls and place them on a dry flat surface (plate or tray). Use another flat surface to press the balls down softly until they look like a burger.
9. Place them on a oven grill pan and cook them for 20 minutes and they look crispy on the outside (The time can vary depending on the Oven)
Whole wheat pitta bread
Organic Ketchup, Hoisin or Teriyaki Sauce (Optional)