Our philosophy centres around mindful breath; connecting breath to body and creating efficiencies in the way the breath moves the body to elevate awareness of the world around you.
‘I work to empower people to live happy lives and learn how to manage fear using their breath, meditation, visualisations and yoga asana’ Jimena Tascon
About founder Jimena Tascon (Nina)
Jimena founded Woomly in 2013. She is an advanced trained yoga instructor since 2010. She is a well known London yoga teacher and also travels around the world doing workshops, retreats and assisting teacher trainings. She has been helping people to transform their lives and bodies finding their own balance for more than 8 years.
My Yoga Story
A stressful corporate life and a time of ill health led her to yoga. Jimena Tascon began her yoga journey in 2008 when she discovered Bikram Yoga – This yoga style have her a natural sense of wellness and tranquility. Then in 2009 she fell in love with ‘Hatha Yoga’ and went deep studying theory, asana and meditation. Her yoga path has involved extensive studies with brilliant teachers and gurus around the world, many who have had a profound influence of her unique style.
As she continued practising, a positive pattern of joy and wellness emerged. Jimena started teaching hatha vinyasa yoga in 2010 at Yogeshyam Ashram, after years of being a student and discovering her natural holistic wellbeing.
At the time she discovered a unique style – fertility yoga – and in 2011 after months of practising, detoxifying her body and meditating she was able to conceive. This event changed her life forever, so she decided to share this with women trying to conceive by teaching and coaching them into a natural fertility journey.
Then after birth she studied prenatal & postnatal yoga with several inspiring teachers saw her through pregnancy, joyful natural birth, and an amazing postnatal recovery. Discovering that this period in life is a lot calmer and healthier with yoga. She wanted to share this with other women and families as well. In 2013 she took the 280 hour Rainbow Kids Yoga & Birthlight speciality teacher training (both UK Yoga Alliance certified entities) along with several inspiring teachers such as Françoise Freedman and Sally Lomas from Birthlight and Gopala Amir Yaffa from Rainbow Kids Yoga.
Jimena has continued doing courses, attending workshops and trainings with other inspiring teachers in the field. In 2015 she got a Doula certification with Dr. Michel Odent deepening her studies on women’s wellness and baby’s the primal stage.
She believes a holistic coaching is essential to improve peoples life’s. She combines healthy recipes and provides nutrition recommendations to her students. Check out her blog and Mucho app for easy & healthy recipes.
More about Jimena Tascon
- If you are struggling to pronounce her name – Jimena is a Spanish name that means the listener if you have taken one of her yoga classes you’ll know why. She is always starts the yoga class asking ‘how are you today’ and gives a space for you to talk. Jimena it’s pronounced ‘Heh-meh-nah’ or ‘Hi-Men – ah’ like the super heroes 😉 but her close friends call her Jime (Heh-meh).
- Some people call me Nina (She prefer Jime or Jimena)
- Jimena is part of Yoga Alliance UK: providing the highest standards in the teaching of yoga and yoga therapy.
- Jimena is a yoga therapist with years of experience in Women’s Health and Mindfulness.
- Again the odds she is also an Engineer and a MSc Digital Marketing – but she found her true passion teaching yoga.
- Jimena speaks fluent English and Spanish. She can teach in Spanish or Spanglish 😉
- She breastfed Olivia for 20 months and offers lactation consultancy.
Contact her for further information of her yoga classes in London firstname.lastname@example.org